Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sifting Light and Final Show Tip!

Sifting Light, 30 x 40, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2016
SOLD in solo show - "Chasing Color, Finding Light"
April 23 - June 4, 2016 at the Davis Gallery in Austin, TX

Dear friends and blog followers... in these past months of show preparation, so many of you have reached out to me with kind words of encouragement. Your virtual pats on the back have brightened days of solitude and kept me going. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My opening reception was fabulous - the turnout and response were great and I sold a bunch too! I was pleased beyond expectation!




Show Tip #28 - Keep up the Momentum
I know it's odd to end this list on #28, but there you have it... we have reached the end! One thing I am thinking about is, how can I keep up the artistic flow that comes with living and breathing art? Even though my pace will ease up a bit, I believe the answer to that question is to employ the same tactics found in these tips... set deadlines for myself, make a schedule, be disciplined, and generally keep up the momentum! I guess it's time to go back to #1 and stock up on supplies again! ;)

Here are links to other Show Tips:
Tip #4 - Work in Series
Tip #6 - Be Kind to YOU
Tip #8 - Stay Flexible
Tip #11 - Take Notes
Tip #12 - Know when to Quit
Tip #13 - Stay Updated
Tip #15 - Assign Tasks
Tip #16 - Step Back 
Tip #17 - Sign As You Go
Tip #19 - Celebrate Growth
Tip #20 - Varnishing Day(s)
Tip #23 - Get the Word Out
Tip #24 - Stay The Course
Tip #27 - Tell Your Story

Tomorrow my workshop on St. Simons Island starts... I'm looking forward to working with a great group of artists and painting en plein air in the golden isles!

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Dear Laurel,

I love these show tips, the beautiful painting and congratulations on your success. How wonderful.

Thank you so much for your beautiful art work, your kind advice, and your friendship!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara