Friday, October 23, 2020

Wild Blue - Eve of my Solo Show!

 

Wild Blue, 30 x 40, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2020
SOLD

Tomorrow is the big day... my solo show opens at the Davis Gallery here in Austin, TX! It has been a long time coming and I am thrilled! :)


EVIDENCE OF THE SEARCH
NEW WORK BY LAUREL DANIEL
Davis Gallery, Austin, TX
October 24 - November 25

Artist Reception October 24, 4-8pm
COVID-safe, socially distanced reception...
30 min increments, 10 people at a time, masks required.


About this piece... As I prepare for a show, I like to hold off on the sharing of new paintings. I like to be able to let one piece lead to another, and present it all together as a body of work. (It just works better that way for so many reasons.) Because of that, I have been waiting to share this piece since early April so it's a little "out" of season. Oh well. I do love a "spring" frame of mind - any time. :) 

As you may or may not know, Texas is BEAUTIFUL at that time of year! Wildflowers pop up on every roadside (almost overnight) and we have an ever-changing parade of color that begins with this electric blue. When the bluebonnets return, there is collective excitement. It marks an awakening to new beginnings and fresh life. In this strange year, we needed that reminder more than ever!

3 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Beautiful! Best of luck on your show! Your paintings are stunning.

Barbara Muir said...

Love this painting, and wish you a wonderful opening, which I know you'll have. I wish I could be there.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you Penny and Barbara!!! Wishing you could BOTH just swing on by! XOXOX