Sunday, October 20, 2019

The Gathering Spot

The Gathering Spot, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2019

This was another plein air excursion in the Golden Isles of Georgia. I never get enough of the birds and marsh it seems, and I especially love when the birds hang out while I paint. They don't necessarily stand still, but I do get to watch their connection to the marsh and observe the gestures of their hunting. They are definitely influenced by their peers... when one takes off, the rest are right behind him! Those three guys in the water are definitely fixin' to fly... no question! 

I'm counting the days until I can go back.


___________________________

2019 PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP INFO:

November 8-9, 2019 - Austin, Texas
Contemporary Austin Art School, FULL - Register for waitlist Here 

2020 PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP INFO:

March 30-April 2, 2020 - Wimberley, Texas
Contact Helena Hauk, Wimberley Artists Workshops, 800-327-1913
Date is firm - details coming soon!

April 16-18, 2020 - St. Simons Island, Georgia
Contact Mary Anderson, Anderson Fine Art Gallery, 912-634-8414

May 8-9, 2020 - Austin, Texas
Contemporary Austin Art School, Registration opens in December

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love the painting and the observations about birds. Yesterday we visited our favourite park, and did everything we could to get the swans to come in to get some food from us. The waves on the lake were high, and they could not come on the beach because it was covered with thick, mucky algae.

I so love swans, and all the birds.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you, and ME TOO!! I love swans! Well, most birds I love! OXOXO