Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Foggy Dunes


Foggy Dunes, 7 x 5, SOLD

This is my third study in finding color-based neutrals. For this piece I used combinations of indigo and yellow plus white to establish a range of foggy grays. This excercise was really helpful before embarking on some larger fog and mist paintings! Can we ever experiment enough?
.
See more Small Works
.
Personal side note: I am now off at a four day workshop with some incredible painters in Colorado Springs! Kevin Macpherson, Scott Christensen, Skip Whitcomb... I am pinching myself. It's like being at the most fun camp. I always loved camp. :)

7 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Laurel--these are lovely. Keep it up! I can't wait to see the larger works that will come from these studies.

Have fun at camp! Stay out of the poison ivy!

dacoop said...

Laurel, have a wonderful trip, I'm so jealous! Love this little study!!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

No. We can never experiment enough, and on the other hand we're always experimenting at exactly the right time and amount for ourselves.

Beautiful, beautiful.

XOXOXOBarbara

Victor Errington said...

Love this one Laurel. It`s so free
and airy. Lovely painting. All the best.
Vic.

Janelle Goodwin said...

Beautiful fog paintings, Laurel. And thanks for sharing the colors you're "experimenting" with. Kevin MacPherson? You lucky, lucky girl!

Tracey Mardon said...

Have a wonderful time Laurel, I can hardly wait to hear about it. These little studies will serve you well at the camp!

Jala Pfaff said...

I really really love this. As well as your most recent post, the large fog one.