Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Fall Fade with Process Shots!

 

Fall Fade, 10 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2023
Available - Click for information 

The muted tones of fall are deliciously soft and comforting. Nature seems to be going to sleep to rest up for its spring display. I love the cycle. 

Below are some process shots...

I kept my dark underpainting very thin and sketchy.

As I added color, I toggled back and forth between the trees and sky, kind of mushing them together. I wanted to hang on to the softness and branchy-ness.  

To finish it off, I used my warmest tones and greatest contrast in the front row of trees and grasses. This added some depth. It helped push the background back and pull the foreground forward.

2023 SPRING WORKSHOPS (click here and join me):
April 14-15 - The Contemporary Austin Art School in Austin, TX (Only 1 spot left!)
May 4-6 - Anderson Fine Art Gallery in St. Simons Island, GA

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful -- I love your description.

Gorgeous work.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you, sweet Barbara!!! I so appreciate you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO