Thursday, October 28, 2021

Bait Casting and Figures on Friday #4


 Bait Casting, 7 x 5, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2021
SOLD


I love watching fishermen cast for bait with their nets in the shallows. Throwing out, and pulling back in, throwing out, pulling back in. There is a real rhythm to it. They are serene and very focused... and understandably so. They are preparing for a day of fishing, their beloved sport. There was a rhythm to painting this scene as well. Shadows and light, shadows and light, big shapes, simple gesture, shadows and light.  

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautifully done,

I love your work.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love it when a painting tells a story and this one does it beautifully!

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you, Barbara!! Makes me smile! Xoxoxo

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you Penny! I’m so glad you think so! I always feel like there are a million stories going in all around us! Fun to imagine!