Friday, September 20, 2019

Golden Beach Path

Golden Beach Path, 30 x 40, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2019

At this time of year, grasses in the landscape begin to differentiate. This is when we get to see the golds and reds pop out, offering a beautiful contrast to all the greens. I absolutely LOVE the opportunity to work that glow into my work!!! 

Just for fun, here is the block in for this piece. I know I am like a broken record on this, but finding the composition and values before tackling color really helps hold the scene. For me, it's a road map.


Block in using Ultramarine and Burnt Sienna...
a good way to start! 

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous Laurel,

Always inspiring. Love the blocking image too.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you so much, sweet Barbara!! Xozoz