Friday, January 2, 2015

Golden Pear - 30 in 30 Challenge

Golden Pear, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
#1 in 30 Day Challenge
SOLD

Happy New Year, All! With the holidays behind us and a new year ahead, I am needing a little discipline on the painting front. If you are like me, you have had a delightful month of bouncing babies, family dinners, parties, parties, and more parties; and you are wondering how to get back at it. :)

Well, to get myself back in the saddle I am joining Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Challenge - 30 paintings in 30 days. I may be a day late to starting line, but as Leslie says, there are no rules to be broken and it's never too late (the point is to just get painting). So I am going for it. You can check out her challenge HERE. Thank you, Leslie, for your timely new year's motivation!

To get started, I checked the refrigerator for possible subject matter and found one last golden-wrapped pear in the Harry and David's box. Now I get to eat it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As just another 30 in 30'er clicked on your link. Really colorful and free work.

Barbara Muir said...

So wonderful! Thank you Laurel for
the inspiration and thought. I am at it again, but so far mostly drawing.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Happy New Year!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thrilled you will be joining the 30 in 30 Laurel! I absolutely love this first one - and hope you enjoyed that delicious pear!