Sunday, April 6, 2014

An Award and a Red Dot!


Beach Shadows, 9x12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
Award of Merit Winner!
Plein Air Southwest Salon 2014
Available at the Southwest Gallery in Dallas

If you follow this blog, you will remember that I had a busy weekend with two juried shows in two different cities this weekend. Luckily, both were in Texas (and within driving distance) and I was able to make the awards ceremonies of both….

And so glad I did! It was reward enough to be included in these shows and to see dear friends... but to win an award AND sell a piece at the Plein Air Southwest show was both affirming and validating! I am one happy painter! Thank you for letting me share, and thank you for your many kind words of encouragement!


Jill Carver, the juror for this year's Plein Air Southwest Salon, shared some personal insights before presenting the awards. She is a true master and her thoughtful comments inspired us all!

9 comments:

Johan said...

Congratulations for the award and the sale!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

So thrilled for you!! What a big weekend. You deserve all the accolades. Soak it in. Yay!!! XOXO

Tracey Mardon said...

Pretty wonderful Laurel! I want to be on that shore.
Xo Tracey

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So wonderful when talent and hard work are noted and appreciated:)

William R. Moore said...

Congrates, I admired your entry on the OPS site. Plan to see the show, soon.

Sharon L. Graves said...

Congrats. I see that little red dot on the wall. Such a small thing to say so much.

Barbara Muir said...

Yay Laurel! Well no surprise. Your work is beautiful, deserves infinite awards, and Woo Hoo for the sale too.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Marilyn Flanegan said...

So happy for you Laurel! The show is on my road trip list. I didn't know that Jill Carver was the juror - she's awesome too. Sounds like your 'tour of openings' was wonderfully reaffirming - well deserved.

: )

Mar

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you all sooo much!! I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement!