Monday, May 27, 2013

Bursting Pomegranate

Bursting Pomegranate, 18 x 18, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2013
Available now at the Anderson Fine Art Gallery

This is another new piece just delivered to the Anderson Gallery in St. Simons Island, Georgia. You might remember the small study I did awhile back when a friend brought me these pomegranates from her yard. One of them had burst open on its own in the ripening process; and the translucent kernels inside were so compelling I just HAD to do a larger painting. :)

Paintings of St. Simons Island are coming soon. I finally got the first few pieces photographed today so I can begin posting. I will be painting up a storm down here in the days and weeks to come, so please stay tuned. 

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Laurel,

Glad you did a larger one. Definitely staying tuned.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

_ said...

I'm going to get all sappy here and say that this painting is amazing...haunting almost. Which is weird considering the simple subject matter. It feels like it could have been painted hundreds of years ago. Thank you.

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautifully painted! And can't wait to see your paintings of SSI:) Have a blast- will be thinking of you!!