Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Woodland Trail - enlarged

Woodland Trail (triptych), 24 x 18 each, 24 x 54 overall, 
oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2012
Available at the Davis Gallery - $2900

I painted this triptych in my studio during the winter - you may remember the small studies I posted back then. The images were so compelling for me that I had to linger a bit. This larger version is the resultI was inspired by the silence of the forest and the glowing light beckoning from the end of the path. 

The paintings are framed (in beautiful dark brown floater frames) and available at the Davis Gallery here in Austin, TX. If you are in Austin, please stop by the gallery and ask to see them! :)

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Another interesting and lovely painting, Laurel!

Azra said...

If only I could be in Austin,I would love to see these paintings for real!!

Barbara Muir said...

These are just astounding Laurel. Wow! I loved the colour and mood in the originals, and am blown away by these. The pink and yellow combined with the dark trees - woohoo.

They will sell in a minute.

XOXOXOXOXOBarbara