Friday, May 7, 2010

Woodbine Farm

Woodbine Farm, 12 x 9, L. Daniel

I am so fortunate to have a great friend and painting partner down here... Alyson Tucker. She lives on the island and paints with me whenever I come. How great is that??? On Wednesday, she took me to Woodbine, Georgia to paint with her local plein air group at an old rice plantation site. (I am pretty sure this barn had nothing to do with the plantation era, but I couldn't pass it up.) We finished up a great morning with delicious fish sandwiches at Captain Stan's Restaurant... if you are ever in Woodbine, I highly recommend it!!! (Thanks Alyson!)

5 comments:

Randall said...

I love the comosition with the telephone pole and the red builbing. Simple yet eye catching.

~Kirby

silentwitness said...

Great painting, Laurel! I love this composition also and your color scheme. When I saw "woodbine" it made me laugh out loud. In 1976 I got a speeding ticket driving through Woodbine and will never forget it! Beware of the "lurking" highway patrolmen.

silentwitness said...

Forgot to say also that I really like how you handled the ground plane--the change of hue/temperature and your strokes. It REALLY recedes and yet it holds together beautifully as one plane. I don't know how you do this, but it is magical!

Linda said...

Your colors are lovely. I love the composition - the telephone pole is a great addition. Looks like a great place to paint. :-)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'm a fool for red and green color harmony. You are just on fire Laurel.