Sunday, April 4, 2010

Homestead Remnants


Homestead Remnants, 12 x 12

On Thursday, our painting group met at Michaelis Ranch in the hill country outside of Austin, where the Michaelis family has been breeding cattle since the late 1800's. It's a beautiful, rustic place and selecting what to paint was hard - there were just too many great choices! I settled on what remains of the original homestead... an old crumbling garage on the edge of a pasture. Many thanks to Sharon Michaelis and her generous hospitality!

3 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

I enjoy your blog so much! I am a plein air painter in New England so to see the luscious greens and unusual foliage of Texas in your paintings is a treat! (We are just now getting some much needed sun and warmth up here.)I love your work.

Stephen Parker said...

I love the warmth of this, Laurel. I can almost hear the cicadas.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting, Laurel. It is wonderful countryside and it really shows here!