Friday, August 21, 2009

Vine of Bougainvillea


Vine of Bougainvillea, 8 x 6
.
I am still in New York, but headed home on Sunday. It's been a great time and I'm excited to share the work I have been doing. Photographing, formatting and posting from the road is just too hard. Meanwhile, here is another painting I emailed to myself for a "remote" post. In this small study, I was focused on the vibrant colors which are so unique to the bougainvillea plant (and which are a real challenge to mix!)
.

See more Small Works

7 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

I'll have to find out how you do the email posting. This is beautiful. When people talk about painters having their own "mark" I often think of you. You do. Your work is all yours, and I love it.

XOXOXOXBarbara

Anonymous said...

almost abstract, beautiful colours with your own unique style. r.

fairiemoon said...

I CANNOT believe that you are in New York and I am in California!

I am enjoying the bougainvillea here too. We don't have it in NY...at least not upstate. I have taken some pictures of it for Pink Saturday!

Love you!
Erin

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful Laurel!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is a beautiful study.
Color temperature and value changes MAKE this painting.
I'm just blown away looking at these paintings!
::::rushing to the easel:::::::::::

Stephen Parker said...

Beautiful Bougainvillea, Laurel. Can't wait to see your Long Island seascapes.

Jack said...

You got a good sense of colors..Its mazing to see all your works
--
Jack
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems