Saturday, January 17, 2009

In the studio...

Afternoon Grazing, 24 x 30

This week I have been working on some larger works in the studio. For these, I typically revisit my smaller plein air work where I can really observe nature firsthand... so important for a landscape painter. This piece comes from a September study done in Livingston, Montana.

"Nature must not be forgotten... she demands that she be not occasionally but often consulted. Otherwise there is liable to be trouble."
- Edgar Payne

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

I remember the original and how it
dazzled me. This is magnificent. Didn't you say this field might be
the site of some new building?

Take care,

Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Actually, this spot is right next to that field and was painted the same day! It may even be included, it will be sad to go back and see how much it has changed! Thanks for your sweet comment!