Thursday, January 14, 2021

Setting Sail and Happy New Year!

Setting Sail, 8 x 10, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2021
SOLD

"I miss your blog posts..." emailed a friend and blog follower yesterday. Her heartfelt concern and not so little nudge hit the mark and got me going. (Friends are like that. Thank you, JM.) I never meant to be away for so long, but time really flies, especially during the holidays. And then it is hard to get back on track. Have you noticed that?

I spent much of November and December on St. Simons Island in Georgia... teaching a workshop, plein air painting, and enjoying family. It was wonderful to have some down time and a wide open schedule, especially after one of the craziest years ever! This is a piece from those final days of 2020. I loved that I was able to be outside, observing and painting, and soaking up all the peace that nature has to offer.

We find ourselves "setting sail" once again, with a brand new year ahead. May it be a great one for us all! So much possibility! 

April 8-10 - St. Simons Island, Georgia
May14-15 - Austin, Texas


Workshop fun... 

AND... precious family joy!!!

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

So happy to see your post today! I love the new painting. Glad you got to spend some time on St. Simons. I love that place! Happy New Year!

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you, Penny!!! Great to see YOU! Happy New Year! XO