Monday, May 22, 2017

Iron Gate

Iron Gate, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2017
Click to purchase $120 + $16 s/h

This is another painting of the beautiful grounds at Laguna Gloria, where I teach painting in Austin. It's no surprise that this is a popular wedding venue, as well as an art school and sculpture garden. The main building is modeled after an Italian Villa. It is surrounded by gardens and just a few steps away from Lake Austin... one of my favorite places! 

This is my favorite sculpture on the grounds...
"Looking Up" by Tom Friedman, stainless steel

Me, standing at the foot of the giant!


1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Love the painting, and the picture of you with the sculpture.

I would love to meet the artist shown with that sculpture. I'm a major
fan.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara