Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Old Fire Truck - En Plein Air Texas!

Old Fire Truck, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
En Plein Air Texas!

After lunch on the first day of the En Plein Air Texas plein air competition, I high-tailed it over to this old fire truck I had seen the day before. I knew it would be an afternoon painting, and the light and shadows of the day did not disappoint. 

What I found out later, is that this truck is headed for bigger and better things. Soon it will be turned into a piece of public art, covered with mosaic tiles. Here is a link to other such works by the artists who will perform the transformation: Art in Uncommon Places. I will have to go back to San Angelo just to see it! :)

Those same artists happened to be our hosts at a fabulous party in their studio that night! Many thanks to some very creative and generous ladies!!

No comments: