Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Morning Stroll - Georgia Coast

Morning Stroll, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015

Have I mentioned that I am feeling more and more drawn to adding people into my paintings? One blogger friend of mine finds that figures give us identification... we can relate to them and that invites us into the scene. I think it's true. It adds, well... life! When this mama and son walked into my view, suddenly nothing else mattered but their connection to each other. My focus totally shifted. 

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Having read many times how a viewer will be drawn first and foremost to figures and I noticed myself doing exactly that in your beautiful painting. And with this focus shift, a scene then becomes a story.

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Gayle. It really IS fascinating that the eye will always be drawn to any reference of human activity in a scene. I love hearing that it told you a story, too!