Monday, April 27, 2015

Marshland Creek - Third Place in Fine Arts and Flowers Show!

Marshland Creek Study, 16 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
Third Place Winner - Fine Arts and Flowers Exhibit
Glynn Visual Arts, St. Simons Island, Georgia

I am thrilled to share that "Marshland Creek Study" took third place in the Fine Arts and Flowers Exhibit at Glynn Visual Arts on St. Simons Island, Georgia. This is the first time I have participated in a juried show that pairs up painters and floral designers, and I was delighted by the idea. First, the paintings are juried into the show. Next, juried floral artists are each assigned a painting to interpret with flora and fauna. Finally it all comes together in a colorful exhibit. I am honored to be in the winner's circle with painters Nancy Boren (1st place), Katie Dobson Cundiff (2nd place) and John Guernsey (honorable mention.) Although I was unable to attend the opening, I hear it was a gorgeous thing to behold. 

The floral interpretation of my painting, arranged by Pat Collins (below), took First Place in the Flower Division. Congratulations to Pat and to all who participated!! Many thanks to the organizers of the show and juror Sarah Lamb.

3 comments:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Congrats to you both. Can totally see the florist interpretation. What a clever idea for a show.

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful painting. Love it!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

stevenjared0853 said...

Painters and floral designers on one stage!! This idea is truly impressive. I hope you got to see loads of creativity in this event. I wish I could attend such fusion art events at the local event halls in Philadelphia!!