Friday, August 8, 2014

Kewpee's - Racine, Wisconsin - and workshop announcement

Kewpee's, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
SOLD

Kewpee Hamburgers is another favorite spot in my home town of Racine, Wisconsin (where I recently attended my high school reunion). I am pretty sure that ALL returning natives make a bee line for Kewpee's… and it's not just a tradition, it's a ritual with my family. And may I just say? That "hamburg" was just as delicious as I remembered it. The root beer float was pretty tasty too! :)

Historical note: Kewpee's is the second known fast food chain, was founded in the early 1920's, and named for the Kewpie DollThe Racine shop is one of only 5 remaining restaurants. I am not a big fast food fan, but at Kewpee's, I will make an exception! :)

See more Small Works.

Painter Friends - I have just added three weekend workshops… come paint with me!
Oct. 10-11, 2014 - Still Life, Austin, TX CATALOG (public registration 8/14)
Nov. 6-8, 2014 - En Plein Air, Austin, TX CATALOG (public registration 8/14)
April 30-May 2, 2015 - En Plein Air, St. Simons Island, GA, Anderson Gallery 

No comments: