Saturday, February 22, 2014

Beach Study

Beach Study, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
Click to purchase $120 + $16 s/h
Available for shipping March 3rd. 

I spent most of this week working on a large beach scene that includes this clump of grasses and their wonderful shadows. This little piece helped me work out colors and forms before starting. I am busy painting a new body of work for my upcoming show at the Anderson Gallery, which opens April 25th on St. Simons Island. It's titled "Marshside to Seaside" and will feature scenes from the low country of the Georgia coast - one of my favorite places. I'll be sharing images of the larger work as the date gets closer. 

Meanwhile, I am heading off on a plein air painting excursion in Big Bend (taking just a little a break from beaches and marshes). While I am gone, I have some surprise posts planned… so please stay tuned!!! No hints! ;) 

See more Small Works.

No comments: