Friday, October 4, 2013

Smell the Roses and Twisting Turns

Smell the Roses, 18 x 24, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013

Twisting Turns, 18 x 24, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013
SOLD

From well-gardened corners to twisting marshland waterways, these familiar southern passageways speak to me of "home". Over the years, I have spent much time on the Georgia coast and it's imagery has become imbedded in my heart and mind's eye. I love to see it and I love to paint it even more. 

These pieces were in my show at the Davis Gallery, October 2013.

4 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Smell the Roses is simply amazing. I feel I can reach out and pick one. I love the atmosphere and nostalgic feel. Good luck with the show!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

Such beautiful work. God how I wish I could be at your opening. The work is magnificent, and I would give you such a hug. Have a wonderful time.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOBarbara

Unknown said...

i like very much rose garden.if i am feeling bad i use to see flowers

dr commander selvam siddhar

Karen Werner said...

Both lovely, and the roses really grab my attention.