Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bea's Place - Door County Plein Air Festival

Bea's Place, 12x16, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013

Day Three of the plein air festival was a full one... I painted on the bay in the morning, in the countryside in the afternoon, and back at the lake for the evening sunset. I'll admit that I was exhausted at the end of the day, but it was SO much fun. It's nice when my only task from sun-up to sun-down is to paint, paint, and paint again. 




Rocky Shore, 12 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013
NFS

Sister Islands Sunset, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013



OH!! And my parents came up to Door County for part of the week, and they were there to root me on during the sunset paintout. (Did I mention that all forty of the festival artists were painting for a crowd in Sister Bay that night??) It was so much fun to have them there!


3 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

Wonderful pieces - it sounds like a blast! Too cute that your parents came to cheer you on :)18

silentwitness said...

Hi Laurel! Your parents look so young and vibrant (as do you, always!). All of your artwork at the Plein air paint outs at the Peninsular Center are fantastic. looks like you had a great time and produced some excellent artwork! As always, thank you for posting your lovely work, and your thoughts.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

You're a star and your parents look like lovely people (like their daughter!). These are wonderful. I am just in awe at your talent and energy.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara