Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bending with the Wind

Bending with the Wind, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2013
SOLD

It has been exactly one month since my last post. Time flies! I never meant to be away so long, but February flew by with a big celebration for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary followed by... a two week vacation in Hawaii!!! Our daughter and son-in-law moved to Oahu in September and we finally got over to visit them. 

Time and scheduling didn't allow me to paint while I was there, but does it count that I dragged my easel all the way to two islands and back? I was planning paintings in my mind the whole time. Every view is a painting in Hawaii. Over the next few days I will be posting some of my favorite scenes. These are my postcards to you. Aloha, my friends!!

4 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Delightful and so refreshing. I feel like I am right there!! Love the warm, sun-kissed foreground and cool waters. Our son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law are honeymooning in Hawaii next month. Aloha! xoxo

Unknown said...

What a wonderful vacation and beautiful swaying palms. Looking forward to more.

Ann said...

Looking forward to some fabulous Hawaii paintings like this one Laurel. Welcome back!

Randall said...

Bummer you couldn't paint, sounds like you had a blast anyhow. Nice movement in the palms Laurel!!

~Randall