Tuesday, October 30, 2012

River Secrets - Auction for Hurricane Sandy Victims


River Secrets, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2012, SOLD
All proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Victims

Friends, please join me in a fund raising effort for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. I will donate the proceeds of this painting through an auction over at Daily Paintworks. The process is easy, you bid (and keep bidding), and at the end of the 7-day auction I will send the full amount of the sale to the Red Cross. The painting will go to the highest bidder... It's win/win! 

Update: this painting sold and proceeds have been donated to the Red Cross. Thank you K and B!

This cause is near and dear to my heart. My son and his new wife live in Brooklyn and my sister's family lives near Albany. (Thankfully, they are safe and sound). My thoughts and prayers are with each of them, and with all who were hit by this devastating storm. 

Coincidentally, I was just in New England this past weekend and painted this plein air piece beside the Connecticut River in Hanover, New Hampshire. My husband and I were at Dartmouth College (his alma mater) for homecoming.... truly the "calm before the storm" in that part of the country. 

1 comment:

Milliscent Morgan said...

Very well post it seems like the postpage of painters in Toronto. So I'm expecting for more good post about this matter.