Monday, January 9, 2012

River Valley Study

River Valley Study, L. Daniel, 6 x 6, SOLD


Wow! Thank you all for your outpouring of support for my breast cancer journey. Your words of encouragement are incredibly empowering. I wish I could answer each email personally, but please know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means so much to me to hear your stories and your promises to do those breast exams!


This small painting was a warm up for a larger piece I painted last fall. (Both are based on a plein air piece from my trip to the Adirondacks.) I hung onto this small one until the larger one was finished and, well, never got around to posting either of them. So, while I wait for some new work to dry, here is "River Valley Study". 


See more Small Works


PS - I was pleased to find out today that I am the current featured artist on the Judson Art Outfitters Plein Air Store blogsite! Thank you, friends at Judson's!

7 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love the colour, light and mood in this one Laurel. So glad you're back.
Wishing you all good for 2012.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOBarbara

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Laurel, Just beautiful! So glad that you are busy painting! Good news!

julie davis said...

Way to go, Laurel! Congrats on the well-deserved Judson's press...love the feel of this river valley painting.

Kathy Cousart said...

Loving the whole feel of this one- silly to say but...that river just sits so beautifully and winds through. Gorgeous colors! Congrats on Judson's Press too! Suhh-weet:)

Tracey Mardon said...

Thanks for pointing us to the Judson post, those are two smashing paintings! Love this little one as well. xoxo
Tracey

Karen Wilkerson said...

Congratulations on your Best of Show, best Body of Work award from OPS. It is very well deserved.
You are an inspiration to us all with your positive attitude and kind spirit. Best of luck with your treatments. I am so thankful you detected it early and can expect such a positive outcome.

Show you said...

Congrats within the well-deserved Judson's press...love the really feel of the river valley painting.


How can we Buy WOW Gold Cheapthrough the internet? We must make it safe and trust those people who buy our's products, and we can Buying wow goldof other games.