Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Morning Breaks (enlarged)

Morning Breaks, L. Daniel, 18 x 36


You might remember this scene... in January I posted two small studies I painted in preparation for this larger piece. It always helps me to try different angles and compositions before starting a large canvas. In this particular case, I so enjoyed that process; and lingering for a few days with this deserted country road and silhouetted chapel. This is one of my favorite pieces in my show at the Davis Gallery that opens this weekend.


Please visit my website for a preview of all my paintings at the Davis Gallery.
Read my show review in the American Art Collector, April issue (p. 104).


Show info: (I wish you all could come!)

5 comments:

Denise Rose said...

This is one of my favorite pieces of yours in the show too! I got my invitation in the mail and it is beautiful! I am excited for all three of you and hope it is a successful show and a wonderful opening! Take pictures!

Marilyn Flanegan said...

Congratulations on your exceptional body of work for the show, Laurel, wishing you joy and red dots. : ) I'm so excited to see your larger works live and in person - Julie and Stephen's too - a show not to miss! Hope to see you all this weekend.

Karen d'Angeac Mihm said...

I just love your landscapes and this one is really breathtaking! Good luck with your show!

Brad Miedema said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love this one! I like the church in the distance too. This is a very strong piece.

Unknown said...

Wonderful painting, Laurel! Best of luck with the show!