Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Harbor Channel

Harbor Channel, L. Daniel, 9 x 12


This is the last painting from my trip to the Texas coast... the "backyard" of a bait and fishing shop near Aransas Pass. It was really fun to explore new territory and discover new images down there to paint. In the spring, one or more of these paintings will be on display in the Outdoor Painters Society's annual exhibit, "Plein Air Southwest 2010-11". I am pleased to be juried in and participating for a second year! 

7 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love the colors - the orange really captures the powerful light. Also love the subject matter. Know you had a wonderful trip.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

I love how you've used the peach that gets hotter and deeper in places.
A wonderful feeling of light and joy.

XOXOXOXOXOXBarbara

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful work, Laurel. I love the way you've made this look so effortless. If only it was!

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Congrats on your show. I love the colors in the little out building.

Amanda Jones said...

Again you have captured a beautiful warm light that just makes the painting so appealing. Great stuff!

Martha Cowan said...

beautiful light. I love your brushstrokes and color as well.

Bruce Docker said...

This and 'In for Repair' really stood out to me this week. Always enjoy your work.