Saturday, December 19, 2009

Limestone Ledges

Limestone Ledges, 9 x 12

Today I met up with my buddy, Randi Knight, to take a little painting break from the "holidays". I think that word is supposed to be synonymous with rest and vacation, but at this time of year it feels more like the opposite! It was so nice to slow down, listen to the lake lapping, and take a deep breath!

We painted at Hippie Hollow on Lake Travis, which is a beach park known for nude sunbathing. Being that the temperature was in the 50's, we figured no one would be out, at least not in THAT respect. Hmmm, not the case, as it turns out... there were several brave, bare souls. I know I have said this before but... it's always an adventure!

7 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Well, it looks as if you didn't get too distracted!!!
Glad you got out and had some fun!

Amy Hillenbrand said...

You captured the rocks so masterfully!! Merry Christmas

Sara Winters said...

Oh! Let me tell you- got your post in my mailbox today and was blown away- I love this painting!
You really captured the look and feel of a difficult subject. Kudos!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Beautiful painting. I like the shadow areas and their contrast with the highlighted areas of the rock which sparkle in the sunlight.

Leia Brown said...

Beautiful! Love this painting!

Anonymous said...

just stunning Laurel!

Randi said...

what a great, fun day Laurel - thanks for hanging with me - lets do it again real soon - your painting came our fabulous - I love it -