Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Marble Jar - Twenty-eight of 30 in 30

Marble Jar, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
#28 in 30 Day Challenge
SOLD

Like most kids, I had a marble phase in about the 5th grade. You know how it is, suddenly it was the popular game and all the rage at recess. As I recall, it was a big business of winning and trading, and some marbles were more valuable than others (puries, steelies, shooters.) I don't think I was ever any good at the game, but I always loved the sound of those marbles in my leather pouch and how they glittered in the sunlight. 

By the way, these marbles are not from my childhood set, I think they may have belonged to my kids during THEIR marble phase. :)


Please join me for these upcoming Workshops:
March 26-29, 2015 | Plein Air | Click here to register: Austin, Texas
April 30-May 2, 2015 | Plein Air | Click here to register: St. Simons Island, GA

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Love it Laurel,

I remember that phase. I was absolutely useless at it. In Canada kids carried their marbles or alleys
in purple Crown Royal whisky bags made of felt with gold drawstrings!

Love this -- the light and design.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara