Friday, January 2, 2015

Golden Pear - 30 in 30 Challenge

Golden Pear, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
#1 in 30 Day Challenge
SOLD

Happy New Year, All! With the holidays behind us and a new year ahead, I am needing a little discipline on the painting front. If you are like me, you have had a delightful month of bouncing babies, family dinners, parties, parties, and more parties; and you are wondering how to get back at it. :)

Well, to get myself back in the saddle I am joining Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Challenge - 30 paintings in 30 days. I may be a day late to starting line, but as Leslie says, there are no rules to be broken and it's never too late (the point is to just get painting). So I am going for it. You can check out her challenge HERE. Thank you, Leslie, for your timely new year's motivation!

To get started, I checked the refrigerator for possible subject matter and found one last golden-wrapped pear in the Harry and David's box. Now I get to eat it!

3 comments:

Laurel Lovrek said...

As just another 30 in 30'er clicked on your link. Really colorful and free work.

Barbara Muir said...

So wonderful! Thank you Laurel for
the inspiration and thought. I am at it again, but so far mostly drawing.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Happy New Year!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thrilled you will be joining the 30 in 30 Laurel! I absolutely love this first one - and hope you enjoyed that delicious pear!