Monday, January 5, 2015

Bowl of Tulips - Five of 30 in 30

Bowl of Tulips, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
#5 in 30 Day Challenge
SOLD

My tulips are opening fast. By the time I was finished with this painting, they were all wide open. Rather than chase the changes (which is completely impossible), I stuck with the positions I initially blocked in. It requires a bit of memory work, and it's good practice for painting outside... just a reminder to nail down the important information right away.


Please join me for these upcoming Workshops:
January 22-24, 2015 | Still Life | Austin, Texas
March 26-29, 2015 | Plein Air | Austin, Texas
April 30-May 2, 2015 | Plein Air | St. Simons Island, GA

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this and I know what you mean.
Flowers! They are always in motion. Something you really notice when you paint them!

Wonderful!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO-SWEET!

Tracey Mardon said...

Another beauty Laurel and thanks for the reminder! Off to paint now.
xo Tracey