Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Desert Dwelling - Works on Paper Show

Desert Dwelling, 12 x 16 (18 x 22 matted), Oil on paper, L. Daniel © 2012
Available at the Davis Gallery


"Works on Paper" 
Summer Group Show
837 W. 12th Street, Austin, TX
June 30 - July 31
Reception June 30, 7-9 pm


Please excuse this interruption of my Coastal Georgia Series... 
In my next few posts, you'll see new paintings from the exhibit above that opens this weekend. The prospectus for this show required that all the work be completed on some kind of paper support. I had a great time experimenting with new surfaces while choosing an alternative to traditional canvas. (More about the paper and process later.) 


The images I chose were inspired by my spring painting trip to Big Bend, Texas. Stay tuned for the companion pieces to this one. Each piece is matted and framed under glass. See all pieces included on my websiteIf you are in town, please stop by the gallery! 

4 comments:

Tracey Mardon said...

So funny, I've been chomping at the bit to get to the art supply store this week to get a sheet of the "new" paper they brought in for oil painting. I love how yours turned out!

Barbara Muir said...

Super painting -- great light. Bob Burridge has done some huge pieces on paper. Is this framed under glass?

Lovely.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXBarbara

Douglas Clark said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I really like your brushwork and color choices. I've signed up to follow your blog so I can see more.

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Great post..

vintage sculpture
vintage home decor