You may know that Texas is known for it's Bluebonnets, a wonderful tradition started by Ladybird Johnson. Every spring we wonder if we've had enough rain (or maybe too much?) until we begin to see them lining the highways. We are always adding more because even though they are everywhere, it's never enough. Then come the Indian Paintbrushes and Winecups... it's wildflower heaven.
See more Small Works
Also, thank you Barbara Muir and Carol Schiff for giving me this "Passion for Painting" award! What an honor!These ladies are both wonderful painters - please visit their blogs to see their work!
The rules of this blog award are that the recipient shares 7 things he/she is passionate about, and passes the award on to 7 other deserving bloggers.
7 of my passions in life:
1) 30 years of marriage and looking forward to 30 more.
2) Watching my beautiful children become fascinating adults.
3) Nurturing treasured relationships in my life - friends, family, God.
4) Wet paint, a loaded brush and a smooth canvas.
5) Experiencing nature; both it's beauty and restoration.
6) Music of all types - the artform of my childhood.
7) Chocolate Icebox Cake on my birthday (grandma's recipe - yum.)
7 fabulous artists to watch and celebrate:
3) Jim Mahorney
4) Julie Davis
5) Karen Phipps
6) Mike Barr
7) Trish Siegel