Sunday, July 3, 2011

High Falls - Adirondack Trip

High Falls, L. Daniel, 12 x 12


Hiking down in to this falls was well worth the effort. When I stepped into the clearing and caught my first view, I absolutely squealed with delight. It's sheer power was evidenced by the roaring, gushing water and the misty overspray; completely enveloping everything in the vicinity. It is a truly awesome place. (see picture below)


In other news - Many thanks to Raymond Logan for reviewing my work in his "Daily Painter Review" blog. Please check it out and see some of his other reviews at the same time! Thank you, Raymond!!!!!


This is me painting the waterfall - picture by Maria Amor (thanks, Maria!)

6 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful painting!! I saw a photo on Fb of you actually painting this one- was hoping to see it. Gorgeous and lucky you. You have those greens down so good= love the movement of the water.

Raymond Logan said...

Laurel,
Always a pleasure.
Thanks for doing such great work and supplying high quality inspiration for my review.
—Raymond/3

Kathy Weber said...

Lovely painting. Sounds like a great trip.

Unknown said...

Wonderful piece, Laurel. You can feel the power of the falls.

Unknown said...

This painting makes me want to run to the waters. Gorgeous Laurel...

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love the contrasting values and can feel the cool air and mist from the falls! Delightful!