Monday, April 18, 2011

4th of May Cafe

4th of May Cafe, L. Daniel, 12 x 9, SOLD


This past weekend I participated in The Plein Air Affair, a 3 day plein air event that took place on St. Simons Island, Georgia where I am visiting (and painting) for the next few weeks. The event was a fundraiser for Glynn Art, the local art association. Eighteen of us painted, displayed our wet paintings, and painted some more. It was a wonderful group of artists to hang out with. This piece sold in the grand finale silent auction on Saturday night. Great cause, great fun!!


"4th of May" is a little cafe in the village of St. Simons Island. It's a favorite eating spot for locals and tourists alike... and a lovely sight on a sunny morning!

15 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Laurel,
Wonderful painting of 4th of May- always loved that big tree. Sounds like an amazing art event- sorry I missed that! Will have to do it next year. You are having a well deserved amazing year already!

Brad Miedema said...

Love it! Very nice. I like the way you composed it.

Pam Holnback said...

Sounds like a great 3 days!

V. Deshmukh said...

Wow! What a lovely painting. Hearty congratulations.

Tracey Mardon said...

No wonder it sold at the event, it's a beaut! We're hoping to go to the Music Festival in Savannah next year. Looks like a beautiful place to be. Maui was wonderful and I often thought about you with the trees.

SamArtDog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SamArtDog said...

I love orange and green. This painting tells me how right I am. It also reminds me of how good you are. Like I needed to be reminded. Not.

Jane Hunt said...

That sounds so fun! Love this painting- such a peaceful looking place.

Randy Saffle said...

Love the little touch of red. You have been on a roll lately! Great work!

claire christinel said...

Sounds like a wonderful event. It must be fun to paint in unison with several artists for a fundraiser. Love the feeling of cool shade in this one.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Just gorgeous!! Love these Georgia locales! The colors are so refreshing. Not surprised it sold!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Laurel, I'm so inspired by your work, particularly this one. I love the shadows across the building! Just beautiful!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

I'm not surprised at all that it sold. This is gorgeous.

XOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXBarbara

marcello saolini said...

very nice work!

marcello saolini said...

very nice work!