Friday, October 4, 2019

Misty Spray - painting in Laguna Beach!

Misty Spray, 10 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2019
Available - Click HERE for information

I saw this spot from above and decided to hike down to it. In theory, I was just "checking it out", but deep down I knew I would not go back up until I had finished a painting. Partly, because of the climb... for sure. But more importantly, I have learned that if I don't settle down and get started, I might roam around for two hours with nothing to show for it!

Soon after I started, that overcast sky began to drizzle. It was my last morning to paint in CA, and I was not about to turn back. Thankfully, I had my umbrella (which works just as well for rain as it does for sun), so I popped it up and was able to forge on. I'm sure you have heard that oil and water don't mix, well it is very true! If the canvas gets wet, the paint won't stick!! 





2019 PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP INFO:

November 8-9, 2019 - Austin, Texas
Contemporary Austin Art School, FULL - Register for waitlist Here 

2020 PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP INFO:

March 30-April 2, 2020 - Wimberley, Texas
Contact Helena Hauk, Wimberley Artists Workshops, 800-327-1913

April 16-18, 2020 - St. Simons Island, Georgia
Contact Mary Anderson, Anderson Fine Art Gallery, 912-634-8414

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this! I've only been to Laguna Beach once. So wonderful.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Indeed! Truly wonderful! Thank you!!! XOXO