Monday, October 16, 2017

Seaworthy

Seaworthy, 16 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2017
Available (click for purchase info)

This past weekend I made a quick trip down to St. Simons Island, and that almost always means some good painting time outside! It's fun to just start driving and see what inspires. Boats always catch my eye and sailboats have a special romance. Even though I don't even know how to sail, I sure do love the look of them! This one was docked and ready for a run... fortunately, it stayed put for the duration of my painting. :)

For those of you who have kindly inquired, ours and our family's homes were all spared any damage in Hurricane Irma. There was quite a bit of flooding on the island, and many trees were stripped and burned by the salt winds. The island was closed for almost a week, but I am happy to report that all is now calm. These storms are scary. 

1 comment:

Sharon L. Graves said...

So glad to hear all is well. Love this painting because I'm a cloud lover!