Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Towering Eucalyptus

Towering Eucalyptus, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015

This stand of Eucalyptus trees was just down the hill from our cabin in Napa. Some friendly cows kept walking and snorting all around me, but none of them would go sit under the trees for me. I think they were more interested in the smell of the oil paint and in figuring out what I was doing there! 

As I was hard at work, a new friend from the conference came along and took this picture of me... Thanks Deb!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting as always! You need to paint the pumpkin patch.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

As the 10:30 a.m. bells ring on San Marco in Florence, you've made me realize I need some pumpkins when I get back to Toronto.

Love your work.

XOXOXOXO Barbara