Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Quiet Place - And news about En Plein Air Texas!

Quiet Place, 12 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015

If you watch the news, you might know that we just had a big "weather event" in Austin that brought us much needed rain. In central Texas, this also means flash flooding and treacherous road conditions. Since precipitation was in the forecast for several days prior to the big event, we all adjusted plans and canceled activities while we waited. On one of those days offered a break in the gloom, so I grabbed my paints and went out to our garden. I didn't want to go far, "just in case". As it turned out, I had an entire morning with no drops from the sky, and the sun even broke through! I was so glad I ventured out, if only in my own backyard. Lesson learned...  

This week, I am off to San Angelo for the "En Plein Air Texas!" painting event. 34 juried painters checked in on Sunday and we are painting fast and furiously all week. It's a fabulous group of painters, and on Friday night (October 30), our framed wet paintings will be presented at the Art Collectors Stampede at Fort Concho. If you are any where nearby, please come and join us. The work will be on display all weekend - wish me luck! :)

No comments: