Steeple Door, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
Available - Click for information
Christ Church on St. Simons Island was first built in 1820, under giant oak trees covered in Spanish moss. It's location is famous for being the spot where John and Charles Wesley brothers preached in the early 1800's. (Soon after, the brothers went back to England and founded the Methodist Church.) In the civil war, the church was partially destroyed by Union troops, and then rebuilt in 1884. It is a beautiful place inside and out, a treasured landmark on the island, and it's also where we worship when we are in town!