Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dusky Road Value Study

Dusky Road, 8 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2015
 Click to purchase $120 + $16 s/h

This is another value study for my Daily Paintworks Challenge to "take a break from color". A friend of mine asked why it helps me to paint a value study like this. The thing is, I always try to observe these value patterns first and foremost in any subject I paint. If I can get these values correct, and hold them onto them as I mix colors, I am closer to what I am trying to achieve. This exercise truly helps me train my eyes to see and my heart to remember.

Please join me for these upcoming Workshops:
March 26-29, 2015 | Plein Air | Austin, Texas (FULL with wait list)
April 30-May 2, 2015 | Plein Air | Click here to register: St. Simons Island, GA

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous. A wonderful painting.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

lOVELY!