Thursday, November 4, 2021

Little Sister - Figures on Friday #5


Little Sister, 7 x 5, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2021
SOLD

Beach play... can a child ever get enough? They can dig, collect shells, and wield sticks all day... and still want more. I loved the determination of this little one as she took off after her brother (he's coming next week), intent on keeping up with him. And not to worry, mom and dad were right there, keeping a close eye. 

One fun thing about focusing on figures is letting the landscape (which I am usually so concerned with) soften and fade into the background. While it sets the tone and gives context, it is secondary. When people are in a picture, well, it is all about them! ;)

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Adorable! I live in Naples Florida and walk on the beach 3 days a week. It is always fun to see the little ones having a grand time!

Laurel Daniel said...

I agree, Penny!!! I LOVE my beach days on St. Simons... never enough!