Thursday, October 21, 2021

Spring Planting and Figures on Friday #3

Spring Planting, 7 x 5, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2021
SOLD

One of my goals with these figurative studies is to see ONLY the big shapes. I'm trying not to get caught up in details, which is such a huge temptation when painting people. Instead I'm trying focus on where the shadows and light are interacting, and how they are defining form. (Hmmmmm... just like in landscape, I am looking for planes of light and dark, and comparing, comparing, comparing.) ;)

_________________________________

Join me at my last workshop of the year! Three day Art Immersion!
Register with Mary Anderson 912-634-8414, Or click below for info:

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love that you are concentrating on the big picture and not the little details. Love this one.

Barbara Muir said...

Wonderful - gorgeous painting. Maybe that will help me with a painting I'm doing that's being
held up by one figure. Maybe too much detail, and not enough worry about form.

Love your work.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara