Friday, August 13, 2021

Lagoon Reflections with Process Shots and Workshop Info!

Lagoon Reflections (workshop demo), 8x10, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2021
SOLD

Below are process shots of a demo I did for my May workshop in Austin (as mentioned before, I am hopelessly behind in my posting.) My next workshop is coming up in the fall, and will be on St. Simons Island, on the Georgia coast. If you are a painter, please join us! It is always so much fun to meet in person and discover the landscape together!

Click for Workshop Details:


Getting started - Block in large shapes and values of main masses.

Mass in Upright Planes (best average value and color).

Mass in Ground Plane (water/reflections in this case) and Sky Plane.

Break up masses with subtle value shifts and save highlights for the very end. 


Workshop fun! Join us for the next one!

2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How fun to see the progress shots! I really like this painting.

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you so much, Penny! :)