Monday, May 11, 2020

Lakeside Sparkle - Zoom Class Demo 2

Lakeside Sparkle, 8 x 10, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2020
SOLD

This is my "paint-along" demo for day two of my Zoom workshop. If we had been at the Art School, we could have actually set up right at this spot on the lake. As it was, our view was virtual. Besides painting, we all got quite good at pinning, unpinning, muting, and unmuting (please excuse my "zoom talk") as we worked through questions of composition, color, line and mark-making. 

Unfortunately, I have no process shots for these demos. All my devices were being used to make the class happen, and besides that, there was not a minute to spare. :)

A few thoughts about teaching on-line... While I much prefer the "in-person" experience and SO look forward to things getting back to normal, I'm grateful that the creative process can go on. Figuring out the technology was worth the effort. This Covid situation is teaching us to adapt in ways we never thought possible. That is a good thing! 

Our Zoom class photo!!! 
Many, many thanks to these wonderful students!


2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the painting. How great that you can continue classes this way!

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you, Penny! It was pretty fun, AND I hope we can get back to normal soon! ;)