Monday, November 12, 2018

Hidden Beach - Painting on the West Coast

Hidden Beach, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2018

I know I have been missing in action for a couple months, and I am happy to report that all is well with me! Thanks to those who checked in! Once I finished those large commissions, I got my house and studio back in order, and I took a break! We traveled some, had a long visit with our daughter and her children, and just enjoyed life. 

This is a painting from our trip to Carmel, CA, one of our fall excursions. Hidden Beach is a small cove, off the hiking trail at the end of Point Lobos. It was a bit of a hike to get down to, and I had a fabulous quiet morning painting the waves and rocks in a lovely patch of shade. (The bright sunlight can be challenging and I forgot my umbrella, so that shade was a welcome surprise.) Very few hikers ventured down the path, so I had the "beach" pretty much to myself. It was awesome. 

Here are some other art-making moments... You will be happy to know that even though I was taking a break, my studio was in full use!




2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love the painting. Beautiful post, and glad you got a break. You so deserve it.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Laurel Daniel said...

Thank you so much, Barbara Muir!!! XOXOXO