Thursday, June 22, 2017

Sunflower Fields Aglow

Sunflower Fields Aglow, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2017
SOLD

Sunflowers are such happy flowers, don't you think? I just finished a series of larger sunflower pieces for an upcoming group exhibit, and this backlit field of the giant stalks was a little study I did in preparation. I love their brilliant color and saucer-like forms. Painting them brought me great joy! (I kinda became obsessed!) 

Please stay tuned for the larger pieces and more information on that group show when it opens in July!

3 comments:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Beautiful, fun, and you nailed the back lighting!!!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I am really pulled into this beauty of a painting, by the light.
Gorgeous.
I enjoyed reading about your commission for the Medical Center and went back to the original post. Wonderful work and another one where the light is really special.

Unknown said...


It would be great to read more concerning that blog..!Thank you for posting this blog.
gclub
โกลเด้นสล็อต
gclub