Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Seaside Lookout


Seaside Lookout, 12 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2016

Perfect shade... dappled light... ocean breeze... oh, the glad freedom of summer!!! Painting this view was really delightful. Until... I looked up and saw a girl with her cell phone looking for Pokemon. Let's just say I was a little worried that I was about to be swarmed. Then, she went away and I was back to my peaceful, seaside quiet. (Apparently, Pokemon was somewhere else. Thank goodness!)

Please join me at these upcoming fall workshops:
Still Life: Color and Form - September 16-17, 2016, 9am-4pm.
En Plein Air: Shape and Movement - November 4-5, 2016, 9am-4pm. 

Contact: The Contemporary Austin School of Art 512-323-6380, or click HERE.

2 comments:

headlinesmaren said...

Oh, I can feel the humidity and air movement... you always achieve such a palpable sense of the atmosphere in your paintings... Congratulations on this beautiful piece!

Sharon L. Graves said...

Such a perfect place. And you captured it perfectly.